Business Development & Sustainability services - Transport & Infrastructure Sectors
Business Development Support
Looking for help to bid or mobilise a transport contact? Let us help you. We have supported transport operators such as Go-Ahead, Keolis, Seco, and MTR to prepare large-scale transport bids. Recent examples include supporting Virgin Trains to handover to First Trenitalia on the West Coast Trains franchise, RKH Qitarat in the mobilisation of Doha Metro and KeolisAmey's bid and mobilsation of Wales and Borders franchise.
Please see below for how we have helped transport operators during bids, mobilisation and demobilisation.
- Contract/Franchise Management
- Setting up and running governance processes
- Writing to a high standard (Bid, plans and rail industry standard documents e.g. Business Plans, Customer Report, Disabled Person's Protection Policy)
- Market analysis and customer research
- Stakeholder and partnership management
- Workstream lead (Commercial, Customer Experience, Stations, Sustainability, Marketing)
- Leading on projects e.g. uniform procurement, mobile applications
- Supporting cultural change programmes
- Business case development and gaining approval
- Suggesting industry experts for our clients.
We have a great record in transport bidding having supported; Serco in their winning bids for Caledonian Sleeper, West Mids bike hire and NorthLink Ferries, KeolisAmey on their bid for Wales and Borders network and Stagecoach on their winning bid for Commonwealth Games transport.
We have worked across a wide range of bids: from UK rail franchise bids, competitive dialogue, short term smaller transport bids such as cycle hire, electric scooters as well as autonomous vehicles - so we are well placed to offer support.
For a summary of lessons learnt from over 18 transport bids in UK and Middle East please see "50 tips for your next transport bid available from Our Downloads page. An expanded edition "100 tips for your next transport bid" will be available by end of September 2021.
Sustainability including Social Value
Sustainability is becoming increasingly important. The increasing resource pressures and growing awareness of from customers and investors have meant that this is now an important issue, not to be discussed in a couple of years time.
Sustainability goes beyond compliance in dealing with sustainability as a key business driver. We have the experience and training to help you identify the issues, suggest solutions and bring new cost-effective ideas to the table.
With the introduction of PPN06/20 which requires central government departments to mandate that social value accounts for 10% in bids, we can offer support to develop a winning social value strategy and bid response.
Let us help you succeed
Win new business. Keep customers happy. Be Sustainable. We can help with this all, and more. Contact us today for your free consultation.